CHRISETTE MICHELE ALREADY HAVING REGRETS FOR PERFORMING AT INAUGURATION

Singer Chrisette Michele was upset she didn’t get a chance to shake Donald Trump’s hand at his inauguration last week (20Jan17) after all she went through to perform for America’s new leader.

The R&B star didn’t hesitate when she was asked to sing for Trump, and insists she was never going to back down, even after criticism from the African-American community prompted Jennifer Holliday to drop out of the inauguration.

“After seeing what happened to Jennifer Holliday, I literally turned my phone off because I knew if I was going to make any type of decision, I couldn’t be swayed left or right by what anybody thought,” the defiant young star tells Billboard. “I had to just go with my own convictions.”
Chrisette, who also changed her phone number, insists the Trump gig was a big deal for her, because she wanted to make a stand for black women.
“The first thing I thought was that I have an opportunity to get in front of these people who don’t seem to understand who they’re talking to and show them what we look like,” she says. “I felt automatically committed to making sure that I stood up for the women who’ve felt disrespected and the minorities who felt disrespected, communities that felt that they weren’t being heard or understood.”

But she didn’t get a chance to meet the new U.S. leader because her performance schedule was changed at the last minute.
“Originally I was supposed to perform directly after his first speech, and I had done that with Barack Obama before, so I was used to that kind of experience,” she continues. “The woman who organized the event came and told me, ‘Now you’re going to go first and he’s going to go after you’.
“I looked her in the eye and said, ‘My family has disowned me. If you decide to Google me, you’ll see that America is writing about me in their newspapers. I’m the black poster child for discord right now, and he’s not going to shake my hand?’”

TARAJI P HENSON FANS UPSET BY OSCAR SNUB

Taraji P. Henson’s fans are furious she missed out on an Oscars nomination for Hidden Figures.
Not long after the 2017 Academy Awards nominations were revealed on Tuesday, the Empire star’s name began trending on Twitter. But far from people flocking to congratulate Taraji, fans were venting their anger over her lack of recognition for her role as real life NASA mathematician Katherine G. Johnson, who helped to launch the first successful space missions.
“Taraji P Henson snubbed and another ho hum Meryl Streep nomination,” one user fumed.
“Really Academy??? @TherealTaraji should have been nominated for Best Actress in a leading role – she was AMAZING in “Hidden Figures!” #Robbed,” another added.
And it seems Amy Adams also not being nominated has irked moviegoers. Amy received rave reviews for her role in sci-fi flick Arrival, about a linguistics professor asked to interpret the language of alien visitors.
“Amy Adams snub would have been less painful with Taraji P. Henson in over Ruth Negga or Meryl Streep #OscarNoms,” a Twitter user posted, while someone else simply stated: “I love Amy Adams and she was great in nocturnal animals/arrival but if anyone was robbed of a lead actress nom it was Taraji P. Henson (sic).”
Amy’s part in Arrival earned her a Golden Globe and BAFTA nomination, and she was even mistakenly listed on the Oscars website. Taraji is yet to be nominated for her role in Hidden Figures, however, the movie itself did land Best Picture and Best Adapted Screenplay nods and her co-star Octavia Spencer is up for Best Supporting Actress at the Oscars.
Other notable names missing from this year’s shortlist include Tom Hanks’ turn as real life airline captain Chesley Sullenberger in Sully, which followed the true story of the successful landing of an airplane on the Hudson River in 2009.
Martin Scorsese is also absent for his work on Jesuit priests movie Silence. The legendary film director has only ever won one Oscar, for 2006 film The Departed, despite being nominated 12 times.
Disney Pixar’s Finding Dory missed out in the animated category, and anti-superhero movie Deadpool was passed over.
The Oscars take place on 26 February.

KESHIA KNIGHT PULLIAM IS A NEW MOM

Former child star Keshia Knight Pulliam is a new mom.
The 37-year-old The Cosby Show star shared her baby news via Instagram on Monday.
“Ella Grace has arrived!” she wrote under a picture of her daughter’s foot in a white baby bootie.
Little Ella’s father is footballer Ed Hartwell, who filed for divorce from the actress in July, just days after she announced her pregnancy. He later demanded a paternity test to prove he was the father.
She marked America’s Thanksgiving Day holiday in November by taking to social media to share her baby’s sonogram, which was accompanied with an emotional note.
“This has been this single most challenging year of my life,” she wrote. “However, I wake up this Thanksgiving more grateful & in awe of God’s power than ever. Thru (sic) it all this little face has kept me going & helped me tap into strength I didn’t even know I possess.
“I am so eternally grateful for my little Ella. I would not trade any of what I have gone thru for her. She is my greatest accomplishment & joy. She has inspired my smile even thru the tears. I am so proud she has chosen me to be her mommy.”
Keshia wed Ed at the start of 2016 after he proposed on New Year’s Eve following a whirlwind romance.
He cited irreconcilable differences for the split, and demanded the paternity test as he was not convinced the unborn child was his. However, he missed the deadline for the test and Pulliam filed legal papers indicating she had submitted her DNA.

SOULJA BOY HIT WITH FELONY GUN CHARGES

Rapper Soulja Boy has reportedly been charged with two felony gun possession counts.
The Crank That (Soulja Boy) hitmaker was arrested last month, when police officers were called to his home in the Hollywood Hills after he allegedly posted threatening messages on his social media sites.
According to TMZ, cops found a gun at the 26-year-old’s pad and arrested him for a probation violation. He was subsequently released on $35,000 bail and it was later reported the gun charges were dropped.
However, he has now reportedly been charged with possession of an assault weapon, being a felon in possession of a firearm, and a misdemeanor for receiving stolen property. One of the guns was reportedly stolen from a police car.
If convicted, he faces more than four years in prison.
The arrest came two months after he was sued for posting a threatening video, in which he blasted his ex-girlfriend Nia Riley and vowed to shoot and kill a man he believed was her new lover, on Instagram, while waving a gun at the camera.
His representative subsequently played down the footage, insisting the firearm was a fake, and insisting the rap star had apologized to Riley.
The plaintiff, going by the name Skrill Dilly, claimed he suffered medical issues as a result of the stress and fear he lived in following Soulja’s post, and sued for damages and funds to cover his medical expenses. The star has yet to respond to the legal action.
Soulja Boy is currently on probation after he pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge of unlawfully carrying a loaded firearm in 2014.
He is also involved in a feud with singer Chris Brown over the Kiss Kiss star’s ex-girlfriend Karrueche Tran, and he will reportedly jump in the ring with the singer for a grudge boxing match

JAY-Z SELLS OFF STAKE IN MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE TIDAL

Jay Z and his business partners have sold a 33 per cent stake of music streaming service Tidal.
In a statement released on Monday, the rapper and businessman announced that he and his investors are selling a third of the subscription-based company to wireless carrier Sprint Corp. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Jay Z and the artist-owners will continue to run Tidal’s service, while Sprint chief executive officer Marcelo Claure will offer his business expertise by joining the board of directors.
“Sprint shares our view of revolutionising the creative industry to allow artists to connect directly with their fans and reach their fullest, shared potential,” Jay Z said of the new partnership. “Marcelo understood our goal right away and together we are excited to bring Sprint’s 45 million customers an unmatched entertainment experience.”
With the venture, Claure says that Sprint will make Tidal available to its customers. He also hopes to soon extend the brand into new regions and offer up more exclusive artist content.
“Jay saw not only a business need, but a cultural one, and put his heart and grit into building Tidal into a world-class music streaming platform that is unrivalled in quality and content,” stated Claure.
“The passion and dedication that these artist-owners bring to fans will enable Sprint to offer new and existing customers access to exclusive content and entertainment experiences in a way no other service can.”
Launched by in 2014 by Norwegian/Swedish company Aspiro, Tidal is a competitor of streaming services such as Spotify and Pandora Radio, and is backed by the likes of Jay Z’s wife Beyonce Knowles, Kanye West and Madonna. But Tidal has had a rocky start since Jay Z bought the company for $56 million in March, 2015, with numerous executive reshuffles, criticism of high subscription fees and claims of inflated user numbers.

JUSTIN BIEBER THINKS THE WEEKND MUSIC IS WACK?!

Justin Bieber can’t listen to fellow Canadian The Weeknd’s music.
The I Can’t Feel My Face hitmaker is currently dating Justin’s ex-girlfriend Selena Gomez and on Friday, the Baby singer was asked if he’s a fan of her new man’s music.
“Hell nah,” he told TMZ. “That s**t’s wack (bad)!”
Selena and The Weeknd hit headlines earlier this month, when they were spotted smooching outside the Giorgio Baldi restaurant in Santa Monica.
The revealing photos also captured the singers holding hands and hugging.
“They were there for three hours, just the two of them,” a source told E! News. “They came out and were so happy. They were hugging and kissing. His driver waited for them and her driver pulled up shortly after. They were super affectionate. Selena was all over him. Hugging him, kissing. She looked amazing, so incredibly happy and in love.”
Neither Selena nor The Weeknd have spoken about their rumored romance, but the photos of them kissing in Santa Monica were enough to upset his model ex Bella Hadid, who unfollowed the Come & Get It singer on Instagram shortly after the snaps went public. Ironically, Hadid’s sister Gigi is part of Taylor Swift’s ‘squad’ of girlfriends – and Selena is Taylor’s best pal.
Selena dated The Weeknd’s fellow Canadian Justin on-and-off from 2010 to 2013. She was linked to actor Orlando Bloom and singer Charlie Puth last year, but those romance rumors were dismissed.
Selena has just returned to the public eye after taking a hiatus at the end of 2016 to focus on her battle with lupus.

JOHN LEGEND: I WASN’T HURT BY RACIST ATTACK

Singer John Legend has broken his silence about a vulgar verbal attack he experienced in New York this week (ends22Jan17), insisting he was not “hurt” by the incident.
The singer and his wife Chrissy Teigen pair had just arrived at JFK Airport on Thursday when a foul snapper asked them questions about their roots.
Teigen took to Twitter shortly after the unpleasant encounter and detailed it for her followers, writing: “Paparazzi at JFK just asked me ‘if we evolved from monkeys, why is John Legend still around?’”
She added, “and people wonder why celebs lose it in pics… Also, john is right next to me. The balls! I was very kind. Answered cooking questions, then he came with that. F**king disgusting.”
The model’s followers reached out to support the couple and slam the crude snapper, suggesting Chrissy should have lashed out.
“Nah. They live for that photo and lawsuit,” she responded.
John is now speaking out about the incident, explaining he thinks it’s a “shame” minorities still have to deal with hateful words.
“We were right next to each other and we looked at each other like, ‘Did he really just say that’,” he told Variety. “And he really said it. He basically called me a monkey. Black folks have had to deal with being called monkeys for a long time and dehumanisation has always been a method of racism and subjugation of black people. That’s just part of American history and it’s part of the present, apparently.
“We saw it with the former president, Obama, whenever people wanted to discount him or discount his wife, they compared them to apes. And we’ve seen that frequently… I’m not hurt by someone saying that to me because I’m smarter, I’m stronger. I look down on that person that would say something like that, but it’s a shame that still exists.”

MARIAH CAREY TAKING A BREAK FROM SOCIAL MEDIA

The fall-out from Mariah Carey’s New Year’s Eve (31Dec16) concert disaster has prompted the superstar to take a social media break.
A week after sound problems forced the pop diva to give up on her live televised performance in New York’s Times Square, Carey has released an audio snippet on Twitter,explaining her side of the story for the first time – before announcing plans for a social media blackout.
“I haven’t really addressed the situation that happened on New Year’s Eve, and in time I will,” she said. “But for now, I want everyone to know that I came to New Year’s Eve in New York in great spirits and was looking forward to a celebratory moment with the world.
“It’s a shame that we were put into the hands of a production team with technical issues who chose to capitalize on circumstances beyond our control.”
She also addressed criticism surrounding her decision to use a backing track for her performance on the Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve show, broadcast across America last Saturday.
“It’s not practical for a singer to sing live and be able to hear themselves properly in the middle of Times Square with all the noise, the freezing cold, the smoke from the smoke machines, and thousands of people celebrating, especially when their ear monitors are not working properly,” she added. “They (producers) foiled me, thus it turned into an opportunity to humiliate me and all those who were excited to ring in the New Year with me. Eventually, I will explain this in greater detail than I can give here.”
She then told fans she would be taking a social media hiatus, stating, “Although I’m going to fulfill my professional obligations, this is an important time for me to finally take a moment for myself and to be with my loved ones and prepare for my upcoming tour in March.”
Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve host Ryan Seacrest broke his silence about Carey’s performance on his radio show last week, calling it “unfortunate”, while defending his producers from claims they sabotaged the singer’s set for ratings.
Carey’s manager, Stella Bulochnikov, previously blasted TV bosses, insisting they could have cut to a commercial when it was clear the headliner was struggling onstage.
Instead, viewers watched as Mariah awkwardly dance onstage as a backing track played behind her. Mariah and her manager have since explained her in-ear monitors were not working and when the singer removed them, she couldn’t hear her music over the din of the crowd.

PRINCE HAD 25 MILLION DOLLARS IN REAL ESTATE; GOLD BARS AND CASH STASHED!

An inventory of Prince’s estate found the late musician had $25 million in real estate, 67 gold bars, and a huge cash haul.

The documents were submitted to a probate court in Minnesota, showing he had acquired a huge wealth of real estate before he died in April last year, Billboard.com reports.According to a file released by Carver County District Court, Prince also left behind 10 cars, including a 1993 Ford Thunderbird, 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1997 Lincoln Town car and 1985 Cadillac Limo.

Records show an asset inventory by Bremer Trust, the company overseeing the singer’s estate, lists a dozen properties in Carver and Hennepin, Minnesota, with an estimated value of $25.4 million . It also lists about $110,000 in four bank accounts, as well as 67 10-ounce gold bars with a total value of $840,000 .

The Purple Rain hitmaker’s companies, Paisley Park Enterprises Inc., NPG Records Inc., NPG Music Publishing and LotusFlow3r, had more than $6 million in cash at the time of his death.

Among the items not yet assigned a value are Prince’s musical instruments, his jewelry collection, a 2006 Bentley and his iconic Purple Rain and Graffiti Bridge motorcycles. The value of Prince’s trademarks and copyrights is also still unclear, but his estate is estimated to be worth between $100 million and $300 million .

The next hearing in the probate case, scheduled for 12 January, is expected to resolve a number of issues related to Prince’s estate, including determination of his heirs.
The iconic musician died in April of an accidental overdose of the powerful prescription painkiller Fentanyl, aged just 57.

TREY SONGZ ARRESTED IN DETROIT AFTER ON STAGE TANTRUM

Trey Songz made good on a threat during a Detroit concert Wednesday night … and it landed him in jail.

Someone at the Joe Louis Arena apparently told Trey his set was going too long, but he wasn’t near ready to leave. In fact, he dared them to cut his mic, promising retaliation if they did.

Well, they did and he did. Trey started destroying everything in sight, hurling objects in the air. A cop who tried subduing him was hurt after being struck by debris.

Trey was arrested for resisting arrest and malicious destruction of property.